Vegetable Chickpea Soup
By: Shirley Nozawa
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 potato, quartered
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 3 cups of vegetable stock (I put 2 tablespoons of McKay's "Chicken" Style Seasoning in 3 cups of water)
- 1 cup of spiral pasta or couscous
In a soup pot:
- Boil 3 cups of vegetable stock along with potatoes, carrots, onions and pasta (if you are using coucous, don't put the couscous in yet).
- Boil until pasta/potatoes are tender (10 minutes?).
- Put the rest of your veggies (zucchini, tomato) and cooked chickpeas in the soup pot, let boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Once your veggies are tender, remove from heat and serve! *If you are using couscous, remove soup from heat and then put the couscous in the pot and let sit for 1 minute. Stir and serve!
This is my soup using pasta, I didn't use carrots (didn't have any).